- Sanskrit name: Muladhara, meaning root support
- Color: Red
- Element: Earth
- Function: Survival, grounding
- heaviness, sluggishness, slow movements
- resistance to change
- overeating, obesity,
- material fixation, greediness
- excessive spending
- fear, anxiety
- resistance to strucutre
- anorexia, underweight
- spaciness, flightiness, vagueness
- disconnection from your body
- restlessness, inability to sit still
- difficulty manifesting
Balanced characteristics: The following characteristics indicated a balanced first chakra. They are also the rewards that come from first chakra work.
- Physical health
- Being comfortable in your body
- A sense of safety and security
- Stability and solidity
- Right livelihood
- Ability to be still
- Presence in the here and now
Affirmations to practice this week:
- I enjoy being in my body and I nourish it each day.
- I am connected to the earth and the safe foundation it provides for my future growth.
- I believe in my abundance.
You might want to answer these questions:
- What is your relationship to your body, diet and exercise?
- Do you suffer from any physical ailments?
- Is your home environment nurturing & clean?
- Are you on top of your finances?
- Are you satisfied in your work?
- How regularly do you spend time in nature?
- Does fear hold you back in your life?
- Can you take care of details and stay centred?
See participant's responses:
- Angela Eclectic Recovery (see response in comments section)